Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday. Your Opinion, Please...

Last night as I was getting into bed at 12:45 (so was that this morning?) I had the TV on and it was infomercials on nearly every channel (all 8 channels we get with the antenna).  Each commercial insisted that whatever their product was was absolutely necessary and whatever the product addressed was the most important part of our lives.

How many things are like that? Everything?
The time I spend on-line or interacting with any sort of media, I leave feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
I feel the world shouting that I am supposed to worry (and buy products for) my health, my skin, my heart, my mind, my eyes, my digestive tract, my future, my kids, my kids’ health, my kids’ skin, my kids’ hearts, my kids minds, my kids’ eyes, my kids’ digestive tract, my kids’ future, my kids’ social standing, my husband, my husband’s health, my husband’s skin, my husband’s heart, my husband’s mind, my husband’s eyes, my husband’s digestive tract, my husband’s future, what we eat, what we wear, how, when and where we exercise, what we drive, where we live, how it looks, what we buy, where it is made, what it is made with, what vitamins we take, what medicines we take, what we clean with, what we breath, what we drink, how we move, how we think, what we read, our financial well being, our well being, our spiritual well being, our physical well being, our mental well being....and the list goes on .

All of that is just the basics, before you add any silly keeping up with Joneses! (Thankfully, we are the Joneses, so there is no really keeping up to do. Ha!)

I end up feeling like I just can’t care enough or know enough about any of it to make a real difference in our lives. Don’t get me wrong, I try to feed our family well, limit TV, promote physical activity, watch our money (or lack there of), think ahead, be prepared…

Then there are all the other things like School and Etsy, that though I am involved in both very part-time there is definitely an expectation of full time devotion to each of them.

So for this Free Advice Friday, I want to know:
Who has time for all of this?
How do you sort all of this out?
What have you chosen for your priorities? And how did you make those choices?
How far do you take it? How involved do you get?
What do you just not worry about?

Thanks for sharing…

No comments:

Post a Comment