Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday Treasures - Numbers Found

I had this big plan about this Tuesday's Treasures and then....(isn't that how the best stories start?)

We went for a walk in the neighborhood Sunday morning. Neither of the kids have been feeling very well and the weather was nice. So instead of infecting every kid at church with whatever it was they were fighting, we got some fresh air and family time.

We were headed back towards the house when I noticed these cool numbers in the road. At first, I thought someone might have dropped a set of magnetic numbers for a sign,  but the kids were fussy at this point and we were moving quickly. I wasn't going to take the time to explore.

I said sort of off-handedly to my husband," Those numbers were really cool!" He wanted to know what numbers, where, all the good details...and then he insisted I go back and look at them closer...(Isn't he a good husband?) And what I thought was maybe a handful of numbers was hundreds - and not just numbers, either!

There were two sets of words - "To Riser" and "Pedestal". "To Riser" isn't the coolest...but I can think of at least a dozen different ways to use "Pedestal" on a card!

I am pretty sure these number tags are remnants of the construction going on in the neighborhood, maybe from the pre-fab trusses and rafters they are using. No matter where they are from they are interesting and inspiring.

When my husband insisted that I pick them up and bring them home (not all of the hundreds, but some!) I knew it was a Tuesday Treasures find, and that an Etsy Treasury was a must, too!

Let me tell you, there are A LOT of numbers on Etsy. I tried to find ones that would stretch my creativity. Sometimes the best finds aren't the ones that meet an existing need, but that inspire and send your creative process down an unexpected path.

So today's treasure is numbers, specifically numbers found.

Think of those posters where they show the numbers and letters in butterfly wings.
Or the collages that "find" letters and numbers in every day objects.

My find wasn't quite like that, but it goes to show you just never know what you are going to come across on a walk....even in your own neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment