Monday, August 29, 2011

Made of Monday...Autumn




I know the first day of school is behind us and the true first days of fall are still weeks away, but I am ready for it. I can feel it just like I can feel spring as the crocuses start to peek through the snow.

Autumn is a busy time of year for our family – birthdays and anniversaries galore, school events, and all our favorite things happen this time of year, too…football and marching band. The weather has cooled enough for us to hike like we mean it.

I know I shouldn’t wish away the summer, but I am looking forward to fall.


I am ready to have the windows open and the air conditioning OFF!
I am ready for jeans and sweaters, rich jewel tones and warm cozy colors.
I am ready for the crunch of leaves on wooded trails.
I am ready for apple picking and baking pies.
I am ready for bubbling pots of stew and soup and hearty meals baked in the oven.
I am ready for afghans and blankets to cuddle under for story time on the couch.
I am ready for shoes and socks, instead of flip flops at least for a short while.
I am ready for evenings on the porch (without bugs!).
I am ready for the days when I stop short to stand in the warm sun that shines through the front windows in the afternoon.

I am made of autumn...

No comments:

Post a Comment