Friday, September 2, 2011

On the Road again...this Friday afternoon...or not...


Friday…I am ready to get out of dodge!

I don’t know what it has been lately, maybe having been in town for four weeks in a row, but I am ready to hit the road. I don’t have any place in particular in mind. I just want to go! 

The house is tidy; chores are done for the week. I have projects, but nothing so pressing it can’t wait a few more hours.

Back in the days before kids, my husband and I would frequently spend a day just out and about. We would drive up to the mountains or down towards the beach. We would visit state parks, but not antique stores (I am not my mother, yet!). Maybe it was having a jeep that made this sort of outing so much fun.

One of my fondest memories was a day that we decided to head to Crabtree Falls (back before it was just around the corner and before GPS). We had a paper map that I was in charge of, but we knew generally where we were going.

I was navigating pretty well until the road came to dead end! I thought the road we were on and the road we needed intersected, but alas they did not. The fold in the map and the wear around it had fooled me. Terry was very patient about it – though I still get teased every now and again, and I am never put in charge of the map!

It is different now. We have kids and no jeep. We have responsibilities. We have life. And it is good and sweet. So maybe this longing, this pull to get out of town is about something else.  I will offer it up in prayer today…that the Lord may lead me where I am to go…when I am supposed to go there.

Where are you going to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment