Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Words on Wednesday….



 
There are several Tim McGraw songs that are very dear to my heart.  One such song is Watch the Wind Blow By, which was our first dance at our wedding reception. 

But, I am not a Tim McGraw fan…I am just not.  I will listen when one of his songs is on the radio, most
of the time.

Earlier this week, I was on the way to pick up my daughter from school when It’s Your Love  came on the radio. I was listening as I sat at a stop light and at first I wasn’t feeling it, but then the lyric:

It does something to me,
It sends a shock right through me,
It’s your love.

That is just what I feel in those moments when things haven’t been so good or I haven’t been my best and I am quietly reminded of God’s love for me. It is just like a shock, a jolt…a reset button and a reminder of who is in control and how I am called to live.

And then next few lines get even better:

Better than I was, more than I am
And all of this happened by taking your hand
And who I am now is who I wanted to be
And now that we're together
I'm stronger than ever, I'm happy and free

Isn’t that amazing…! Doesn’t that sound like a beautiful relationship? One you would want to have? To be so in love with someone that makes you better, more than you can be on your own? So in love that you feel free? That is powerful love, God’s love for us.

Each day I try to take God’s hand – more firmly each day, and when I do it feels so good. It is the days when I think I don’t need to or I forget and let go that aren’t so good. 

What a blessing that each day God is there all day with His hand out for mine…

No comments:

Post a Comment