Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wrong Words Wednesday


Before Grace even opened her eyes this morning, as she stretched her sleepy arms above her head, she said, “What a wonderful day it is!”

I love her.

And when I told her daddy what she had said, he said, “Indeed, this is the day our Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad.”

I love him.

My family is such a blessing.

As the morning continued, I opened the windows to let in the soft, cool morning air and sunshine as it peeked over the horizon. My husband and I talked about what I would write about today. We talked about a few songs that are meaningful to each of us…but as the day has gone on this one is the one that I find myself singing.

I got rice cooking in the microwave
Got a three day beard I don't plan to shave
And it's a goofy thing but I just gotta say
Hey I'm doing alright

Yeah I think I'll make me some homemade soup
Feelin pretty good and that's the truth
It's neither drink nor drug induced
No I'm just doin alright

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neighborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?


I don’t know if praising God is  what Travis Tritt or the song writer had in mind, but for me the things that make me sing this song and  the times it fills my thoughts are times I am thankful, times that I am aware of the awesome blessings God has given us.

Something about feeling the sunshine even when my eyes are closed…I can’t help but praise God for that feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment