Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday Treasures

It’s time for Tuesday Treasures….oh the possibilities for a statement like that! 

But for today is about Beautiful Junk -  the things you find, keep, come across that are just too beautiful, too useful to let go. (Wow, that sounds like the beginning of a hoarder support group!)

My mom has always had a beautiful junk box that had little bits of fabric and lace, buttons, fun things clipped from magazines, wrapping paper, anything found that would send a young crafter's heart a flutter.  I am hoping that Tuesday can be a day all about things found or sought…
And you wonder why I have a never ending
stash of  fabric and vintage buttons...

Today I would like to tell you about something I am looking for…and maybe you can help me find it!
I have come across several projects that I would like to undertake (that is a choice word!) that call for plastic bags –like plastic shopping bags. The more colors I can find the better, but so far I have found the standards Target, Macy’s, Kroger – so I have red with white and brown with blue. I think boutique and small shops are going to be the ticket to finding really great colors, but the one place I do that sort of shopping has passed a law prohibiting plastic bags- it is all paper now, which I commend, but what about my project!?!?

Any suggestions on where to find great colors of plastic bags – I only need a handful or so? Any one have any they would like to share? I am sure I have some sort of beautiful junk I could send your way, too.

Have a great Tuesday. I hope you find something treasured today.

No comments:

Post a Comment