Monday, September 19, 2011

Made of Monday...Great Expectations

Ah, Monday.

Mondays are like a giant reset button. It doesn’t matter how last week was. This week is fresh and new  
But Mondays are hard. Everyone is tired from the weekend – and last week! For us, it is our earliest morning heading out of the house at 7 (at least that is when we are supposed to be heading out the door).  It is the day that upstairs gets cleaned and the grocery shopping is done. 

Mondays set the tone for the week.  When they are crazy and overwhelming it is hard to let that feeling go on Tuesday.

A family always on the go!
Maybe I expect too much from Mondays. On that day that sets the tone for the week, maybe I should just stick to easy things like getting the agenda for the week in order and doing a little tidying up.  We tried grocery shopping on Sunday, but using our precious little family time for grocery shopping didn’t feel like the best use of time.

I am a girl with high expectations. Mondays should be awesome. It should feel good to start over. It should feel good to have the order and routine of the day. I should be able to knock Monday out of the park.

So is it Monday or me that I expect too much of….we may never know…

But it is Monday and I am made of high expectations…

No comments:

Post a Comment