Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesdays Treasure – Grace

Treasure can be lots of things. Today I want to share with you the treasure of my baby girl – Grace.

She has been experimenting with names. She wants to be called Olivia or Sarah – the name of the last person she played with or the character in her book*.  Every time she tells me that she wants to be called something else, I remind her that her name was the first gift her daddy and I gave her and that it is a very special name.

Of course she wants to know why her name is special. I explained to her that Grace is a beautiful gift from God, His forgiveness and love, His amazing power to make all things possible.  I told her that she is a symbol of that Grace to her daddy and I – a living breathing example.

And do you know what she said?

Shouldn’t everyone’s name be Grace then!

She is smart and witty. She is a full of life and love. She can be a bull in a china shop, but she is compassionate and tender. She is strong willed, but soft of heart.

She loves dancing and moving. She loves books and stories. She sees and hears everything.  She feels everything.

She has her own style and way about her.

Like the three graces in mythology, she is Mirth, Splendor and Good Cheer.

Grace is a treasure to me.**

Who are the people you treasure?

Visit my etsy treasury to see a collection of things that remind me of my Grace!




*We just read Little House on the prairie and she asked to be called Mary, not Laura, but that is Grace!

** Don’t worry mom, Jackson is on my list to write about too.

No comments:

Post a Comment